Sure, Don Draper may be considered the epitome of coolness (shout out to all the Mad Men fans), but times have changed and so has the industry. Local advertising, coupons and print ads may have worked in the past, and we don’t have to abandon them completely, but as technology continues to progress it is imperative that businesses understand how digital marketing is changing the way consumers consume.
Benefits of digital marketing for small businesses
- Target your Exact Customer Audience:digital marketing platforms like search engines, social media marketing and YouTube allow you to deliver the right message to the right audience, every time. Engaged audiences are wrapped up in perfect bundle and ready to hear your message. Whether it’s cookware, apparel, crafting supplies or cleaning services you provide, audiences are segmented and pre-determined based on profiles and interests for a home run campaign every time.
- More sales leads, less money:Digital marketing solutions are much more affordable than traditional print, TV, and radio mediums, allowing small businesses to compete with larger corporations more fairly. Running awareness campaigns on both Facebook and LinkedIn boast thousands of views on each network, with an investment as low as $300 per month.
- Credibility:A healthy online presence not only keeps your business fresh in consumers minds, it builds trust and reliability in what you are offering. As your audience experiences increased exposure to your name and brand, they create stronger positive connotations towards your business, and associate a feeling of trust in your products/services. Creating credibility and trust ensures that when the need for a product or service arises, yours will be the first name they think of.
- Measurable:Analytics and reports provide valuable insights into the efforts of your campaign, making it easy and convenient to adjust to the changing market conditions. Staying agile and shifting according to consumer behaviors has never been more accessible. Analytics reporting is that snapshot into consumers minds the advertising industry would have given their left arm for back in the day, businesses now have the key that opens that door. Insights not only improve your campaigns, they can open your eyes to new consumer interests and opportunities you may have otherwise overlooked.
- Greater customer connection and engagement:Digital marketing is a great way to open the communication stream between you and your customer. By interacting and engaging through higher levels of customer service and responding to feedback, you begin to build a relationship, increase customer loyalty and return business. The attempt to achieve this in previous years would have been through surveys or focus groups, which have a higher margin for error, are time-consuming, and costly.
How to start your digital marketing program now
Facebook and Social Media Marketing (SMM)
YouTube for effective awareness now
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) migration refers to the process of moving an...Read More
The way businesses host events has changed drastically in the last few...Read More